- Is there enough water in the fountain? Many fountains require a full water level to operate.
- Is the plastic tubing kinked, blocking the water flow?
- Is electricity available, did the circuit breaker go off?
- Is there any debris, leaves, mineral buildup, algae, etc. blocking the water intake to the pump?
- Is there an “air lock’ in the pump? Plug and unplug the pump several times to clear.
- Is the propeller in the pump turning? See the directions for servicing that came with the pump.
- Never let the fountain run dry – Lack of water will burn out the pump.
- Keep fountain bowls filled to proper level to maintain its proper operation.
- It is recommended that fountains be turned off during the night or when you are not at home as the water level cannot be monitored.
- Use clean water to fill fountain.
- Use “Fountec” in the water especially in hot weather to prevent algae growth. Algae will damage the fountain surface and can clog the pump causing it to overheat and burn out. DO NOT USE CHLORINE AS AN ALGAECIDE OR CLEANER.Chlorine can damage your pump and fountain surfaces.
- Clean your fountain with a soft cloth or sponge (do not use abrasives or detergents – they will damage the finish) and change the water frequently, once a week is recommended. Use “Protec” in the water to eliminate unsightly mineral deposits that cause staining on the fountain surface.
- Read all information supplied with your pump regarding its proper care and cleaning.
- Keep in mind that small hairline surface stress cracks are common to all concrete products due to natural weathering and outdoor temperature changes.
- However, if there is a chance of freezing, you will need to remove all the water from the fountain. If water remains and freezes, major cracking will occur in the bowls.
- It is best to store concrete items indoors, or cover them.
- All fountains can have some amount of over-splash regardless of style or design.
- Caution: Excessive weight or pressure on any of the fountain bowls or other sections may cause it to fall – Please keep pets, children, or adults from sitting, leaning or climbing on any of the components of the fountain.
- Most fountains have no interlocking component parts, they are held together by gravity only. Gluing or cementing parts together is not recommended. You may need to dismantle the parts to service your fountain or to move it.
- Plug pump into properly grounded junction box with a GFCI receptacle only.